Sunday, March 30, 2014

Animals Need You!


Today my special guest is my biodographer Fiona Ingram and she has a big favour to ask all my fans and supporters. We need your help for a worthy cause. Now that I am better from my horrible ordeal, I want to help save other animals all over the world.
Fiona says: “This post has nothing to do with writing and everything to do with animals. People who know me have realised by now that I have a passion for causes, especially related to animals. I am busy with my animal rescue book on Poppy, the famous Fijian dog saved by AnimalsFiji. Poppy went on to make a full recovery after surgery, and now has a happy Fur-Ever Home with a loving family in Australia. However, there are many animals in Fiji still in need of help; and their need is dire. The lease is up on the land that Animals Fiji’s Clinic occupies. Animals Fiji needs your help to build a new home. Please read on and help in any way – again, no donation too small! You can donate directly to Animals Fiji’s donation page, or donate to my campaign on gofundme.”
Animals Fiji says: “Just US$16.00 will buy a brick for our new home! We need 10,000 bricks! Can you help us? Any amount will be an enormous help.

 
The Animals Fiji Nadi Clinic (operated by the West Charity Trust Society), which provides emergency care for sick animals and plays a vital role in the management and control of Fiji’s feral cat and dog populations has 3 months to find new land and premises to operate from or it will be forced to close. Since its doors opened 2 years ago, the Nadi Clinic has treated approximately 6,500 sick and injured animals, rehomed 960 abandoned pets and has de-sexed around 2,300 cats and dogs. Over this time it has established several outreach programs, where teams of volunteers are funded to travel to remote communities to control animal populations and to assist injured animals. These programs alone have reached over 20 communities and have led to 600 animals being de-sexed, meaning that over 7 million fewer puppies and kittens will be born.


Just one of the many animals that heed help!
The clinic plays a vital role in ensuring the health of Fijians and their animals. We have until 12 June 2014 to find new land and premises and are fundraising to find the FJ$30,000 we need to do this. (This comes to around US$16,000) If the Clinic closes then the valuable out-reach programs will cease and there will be no pet doctor in the Western Division of Fiji, putting the lives of animals and the health of people at risk.

Animals Fiji needs your support. All contributions gratefully accepted. No donation is too small - our animals depend on your kindness and goodwill!”

 
I want to cry when I think about these poor animals not having a place to get well. So please help if you can. Here’s a picture of me saying a special prayer to the Anjil for Aminals to spread the word and raise funds for Animals Fiji.
As I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord Animals Fiji will keep...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment